Bengaluru, July 13: Pranavi Urs started on a fine note with a 2-under 67 first round card in the ninth leg of the Hero Women’s Pro Golf Tour at the Bangalore Golf Club. The 19-year-old Pranavi, a three-time winner this season, led by two over Seher Atwal, who showed a welcome return to form with 1-under 68 at the Par-69 course.
Gauri Karhade, a one-time winner on the Hero WPG Tour, who needs to bring in more consistency in her game, was lying third with 2-over 71, while Sneha Singh, a four-time winner while still an amateur and now making her pro debut, carded 3-over 72 to be fourth.
Pranavi, who now seems to have recovered almost fully from injuries, had a superb front nine with birdies on fifth, sixth and eighth to be 3-under at the turn. She bogeyed 11th and 13th, but birdies on 14th and 16th made up for that. A bogey on Par-5 17th was followed by a par for 67.
Seher who opened with a bogey on the first hole made amends with a birdie on third and added two more on seventh and eighth. A bogey on ninth saw her make the turn at 1-under 33. She had a birdie on 13th but gave that away on the Par-5 17th to finish at 68, one shot behind Pranavi.
Gauri Karhade had two birdies, two bogeys and a double bogey while Sneha had three birdies against six bogeys in her 72.
Four players, amateur Vidhatri Urs, Hitaashee Bakshi, Anisha Agarwalla and Shweta Mansingh shot 4-over 73 each to be tied for fifth, while four others, Khushi Khanijau, Afshan Fatima, Disha Kavery and Ananya Datar were T-9th with rounds of 5-over 74 each.
Tee times for the second round of the ninth leg of the Hero Women’s Pro Golf Tour at Bangalore Golf Club:
- 8:40 am : Agrima Manral 83; Rhea Purvi Saravanan 83;
- 8:50 am : Sonam Chugh 83; Millie Saroha 82; Heena Kang (A) 82;
- 9:00 am : Rhea Jha 82; Khushi Hooda (A) 81; Anaggha Venkatesh 80;
- 9:10 am : Ishvari Prasanna 78; Saaniya Sharma 78; Shagun Narain 78;
- 9:25 am : Asmitha Sathish 78; Nayanika Sanga 77; Durga Nittur 77;
- 9:35 am : Geetika Ahuja 77; Jasmine Shekar (A) 76; Gaurika Bishnoi 76;
- 9:45 am : Saanvi Somu (A) 76; Oviya Reddi 75; Jyotsana Singh 75;
- 9:55 am : Ananya Datar 74; Disha Kavery 74; Afshan Fatima 74;
- 10:10 am : Khushi Khanijau 74; Shweta Mansingh 73; Anisha Agarwalla 73;
- 10:20 am : Hitaashee Bakshi 73; Vidhatri Urs (A) 73; Sneha Singh 72;
- 10:30 am : Gauri Karhade 71; Seher Atwal 68; Pranavi Urs 67;